Academic English for Computer Science aims to provide a tool for the effective study of computational science and technology. It addresses international students who use English as a second language. It can be used as a foundation course in undergraduate programs of computer science, computer engineering, and information technology.
The material of this course draws content from core areas of computer science, aspiring to create an initial induction in the field. Furthermore, the academic skills incorporated in each content unit will enhance the students’ ability to:
- Read and interpret a wide variety of texts and genres relevant to computing.
- Acquire a solid base of domain-specific terminology.
- Practice various note-taking methods, so as to improve their overall academic experience and personal growth process.
- Write argumentation essays to illustrate similar and opposing views.
- Cite known researchers and acknowledge contributions from peers in the field.
- Communicate with other practitioners in a way that shows respect for diverse perspectives.
- Deliver their own message in a genuine and powerful way.
- You can't copy (and paste) the content from Disigma Publication e-books
- You can print 10-pages of each Disigma Publication e-book title
- You can consume a Disigma Publication e-book on one device at a time
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.